Rare Bird Alert, Reliable Bird News Services Since 1991
Welcome to the Rare Bird Alert website
Established in 1991 Rare Bird Alert is the longest running instant birdnews service in the UK. Our team of experienced and dedicated birders check and send reports as soon as they break, sixteen hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Ways to get our birdnews
We offer the most comprehensive range of birdnews services to suit all birders. If rarity hunting is your thing, just like to bird locally or only go birding occasionally we have a solution to meet your needs. If you would like any advice or help with any of our services please contact us today.
Still the ultimate tool for birders in the field who don't want to miss news.
- Unrivalled reception works in many parts of the country where mobiles don't. Particularly good coverage in rural 'birding' areas
- Flexible change the areas you get news from whenever you want
- Packages to suit all birders
local pagers covering individual counties or entire coverage for the UK, you decide
- TRY FOR FREE today
- Live birdnews over 70,000 sightings per year, updated all day, every day
- Newsmaps so you can see where the birds are
- Photo Gallery share your photos of birds in Britain
- Previous Records fully searchable database of all the accepted rarities in Britain and Ireland, including maps, stats and photos
- Articles finders' accounts, identification papers, news stories and much more
Another huge week with the Lammergeier remaining in the south-west but frustrating birders whilst a twitchable, and showy, Black-billed Cuckoo on North Uist delights, and much more besides.
More here >
Last documented in 1941, the Blue-eyed Ground-dove was believed extinct. But now the species has been found at top-secret locations in the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais
More here >