Rare Bird Alert, Reliable Bird News Services Since 1991
Welcome to the Rare Bird Alert website
Established in 1991 Rare Bird Alert is the longest running instant birdnews service in the UK. Our team of experienced and dedicated birders check and send reports as soon as they break, sixteen hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Ways to get our birdnews
We offer the most comprehensive range of birdnews services to suit all birders. If rarity hunting is your thing, just like to bird locally or only go birding occasionally we have a solution to meet your needs. If you would like any advice or help with any of our services please contact us today.
Still the ultimate tool for birders in the field who don't want to miss news.
- Unrivalled reception works in many parts of the country where mobiles don't. Particularly good coverage in rural 'birding' areas
- Flexible change the areas you get news from whenever you want
- Packages to suit all birders
local pagers covering individual counties or entire coverage for the UK, you decide
- TRY FOR FREE today
- Live birdnews over 70,000 sightings per year, updated all day, every day
- Newsmaps so you can see where the birds are
- Photo Gallery share your photos of birds in Britain
- Previous Records fully searchable database of all the accepted rarities in Britain and Ireland, including maps, stats and photos
- Articles finders' accounts, identification papers, news stories and much more
The highlight of the week was undoubtedly Britain's 12th Hermit Thrush found on Shetland. Ireland hosts only it's 3rd ever Black Stork plus we have a full roundup of the best from the WP.
More here >
The late April cold snap that has brought snow to Scotland and the North of England sees RSPB Loch Garten's, EJ, incubating her eggs as the snow keeps falling! More here >