Rare Bird Alert, Reliable Bird News Services Since 1991
Launched in Aug 2018, the best ever birdnews service is called SwiftAlert. Whilst this new service is still primarily a pager service, the exciting news is that SwiftAlert is also able to receive messages via Wi-Fi and the mobile phone network, by linking to your smartphone. Thus you can get news on your pager even when you don’t have a pager signal, resulting in the most comprehensive birdnews coverage ever available, wherever you live and wherever you go birding
We offer a range of different SwiftAlert services to suit all birders, if you mainly bird locally the check out our Bronze and Silver services, if you travel far and wide then Gold and Platinum are ideal.
Some key features of SwiftAlert:
- Revolutionary new access to mobile and Wi-Fi networks for added reception (requires Smartphone)
- Changeable ‘local areas’, switch areas whenever you move around the country and get all the news
- Easy to read screen with variable text size and bright backlight for dark conditions
- Excellent message receiving capabilities in remote areas on paging network
- Waterproof and shock resistant
- Stores the latest 400 messages - available for instant review at any time
- No-quibble 2-year warranty – extendable to 5 years
We have been able to update and greatly improve the RBA service, ensuring that you can continue to get the most reliable birdnews from the same dedicated team of birders that have served you thus far.
We are excited with these improvements, and very much look forward to many more years of being able to provide you with the very best in birdnews, in the remote corners of the country, as well as at home and at your place of work.
To see a map of the areas covered by each local folder click here
One-off purchase of SwiftAlert: Special offer at £149 (rrp
£299) or pay in 24 monthly instalments of £6.50
Need more information?
Call 01603 457016 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online: click HERE
Phone: call 01603 457016 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The Big Butterfly Count, the world's largest butterfly survey, starts today [19 Jul] and is celebrating it's 10th birthday this year. More here >
A ground-breaking website has been launched to gather information about the interaction between birds and debris such as plastics. More here >
Wild Justice have sent a Pre Action Protocol letter to Michael Gove at Defra requiring him to assess the impacts of the release of the vast and increasing numbers of non-native gamebirds into the countryside. More here >