SwiftAlert from RBA - an exciting new era for birdnews and paging
Thank you for your continued support of RBA and the sharing of birdnews since 1991. Every day we send you hundreds of messages to provide you with up to the minute updates on birds and wildlife around the U.K. We’re proud to be your birdnews service of choice.
A New Service
Launched in Aug 2018, the best ever birdnews service is called SwiftAlert. Whilst this new service is still primarily a pager service, the exciting news is that SwiftAlert is also able to receive messages via Wi-Fi and the mobile phone network, by linking to your smartphone. Thus you can get news on your pager even when you don’t have a pager signal, resulting in the most comprehensive birdnews coverage ever available, wherever you live and wherever you go birding
The new SwiftAlert pager is manufactured to the highest standards in Switzerland by Swissphone and is an upgraded version of our popular s.QUAD pager, which we launched in 2014.
Some key features of SwiftAlert:
- Revolutionary new access to mobile and Wi-Fi networks for added reception (requires Smartphone)
- Changeable ‘local areas’, switch areas whenever you move around the country and get all the news
- Easy to read screen with variable text size and bright backlight for dark conditions
- Excellent message receiving capabilities in remote areas on paging network
- Waterproof and shock resistant
- Stores the latest 400 messages - available for instant review at any time
- No-quibble 2-year warranty – extendable to 5 years
We have been able to update and greatly improve the RBA pager service, ensuring that you can continue to get the most reliable birdnews from the same dedicated team of birders that have served you thus far.
We are excited with these improvements, and very much look forward to many more years of being able to provide you with the very best in birdnews, in the remote corners of the country, as well as at home and at your place of work.
Warmest regards and appreciation for your support.
And the RBA team: Chris Batty, Brian Egan,
Pete Hayman, Stuart Piner and Will Soar